Questionnaire for Americans :
To complete certains parts of the book on the French American classes, I will need answers and your reactions to a certain number of points :
Answer only those of interest to you :
For children who traveled to France
Reaction to this adventure when you learned about it :
- Why did you choose to go ?
- Your choice or your parents’decision ?
- Do you have friends who chose not to go ? Why ?
- Reaction when you got your first mail from France ?
Preparations for the trip :
- When ? Where ? How often ?
- What did you do during préparation : French, Learning about France, preparing things to send to France : what ?
- Were some parents helping ? Costumes for the show ?
- Theme of the show ?
- Who helped with scenario, costumes ? Did you présent the show before you left ? How many times ? Where ?
- How many times in Frence ? Where ? Many people ?
- How many people in the US with French show ? Where ?
- Press coverage ? Television ?
- The only American class in the plane ?
- What did you do in the plane ?
- Reaction of the other passenger when they saw you board the plkane ?
- Reception by the hostesses ?
- Who was at the French airport ?
- How did you go to the school ?
- Reception at the sachool : banners, signs , balloons ?
- How did you react when you left alone with the family ? Did you cry ? Were you scared ?
- How did the Frencg family react ?
- How did you communicate with your family back home ? Telephone, letters ?
- Reaction when you got to the French home ?
- Difference with your house ?
- First night : réaction ?
- Did you like French food ?
- What dishes did you have for first time ? what did you like, dislike ?
- Did you go ta restaurant ? To a Mc Do ?
- Where did you go ?
- What did you see ?
- Compare with yours : differences ?
- Did you attend classes with your counterpart ?
- What French did you learn ?
- Did you go to English classes in a High school nearby ?
- Did you talk about America to French students ?
- How did you like not going to school on Wednesday ?
- Time Schedule : how different ?
- How did you communicate with them ?
- Reception by the French family ?
- Reaction when you learned that you were going to be hosted by a child of the other sex ? Situation boy/girl ?
- What did you have in common with your correspondant : sports, music , others ?
Pocket money :
- What amount did you have ?
- How many francs was it ?
- What did you buy ?
- Who financed the program ?
- Did your parents get help ?
- Do your parents remember cost ?
- Were there schol arships for some kids ? Who helped ?
Souvenirs from the FA class :
- What did you keep from the class : photos, journal, newspapers articles ?
- What king of memorabilia from the class ?
- Was it your most unusual experience in primary school ?
- Did you learn : a lot of French, little ? Not at all ?
- How did you colmmunicate withe family ?
- Outside while shopping ?
- Did you get confidence in talking to foreigners ?
- How did this class help you later in life ?
- How were you greeted back in your school ? Accepted by your regular teacher ?
- Did you talk about your expérience to other classes in your school ? To groups ?
- Reaction of your parents : ask them : did they find you changed ? In what way ?
For back to back participants or participants who hosted
Hosting of the French kid :
- How did it go ?
- How did you communicate ?
- His behavior different from yours ?
- What did he like ? Not like ?
- Did he learn some English ?
- Problems he had ?
WARNING : not to load "Facebook" or " copainsdavant" which have a very limited access to messages
Thank you for answering some of the questions.
answers to be sent to André Girod only on his E-mail
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending testimonies : October 01 2009
Thank you for your understanding
At that date André Girod will work on the book and include the testimonies he has received.
In October a report will be posted on: